Words have power to uplift our spirits and ignite our drive. Within this inspiring collection of 100 motivational quotes lies kindling to rekindle passion for your goals whenever inspiration may flag.
100 Motivational Quotes That Help You to Reach Your Goals
From titans of industry to cultural figures, each voice shares candid insights born from hard-won experience. As you browse these wise reflections, open your mind to renewed determination and belief in your own potential for growth. Let these thoughts empower you to embrace challenges with renewed vigor and commitment to consistent progress.
01. Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek.
02. People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily.
Zig Ziglar TWEET THIS
03. When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren't the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.
04. If people take anything from my music, it should be motivation to know that anything is possible as long as you keep working at it and don't back down.
05. Once something is a passion, the motivation is there.
Michael Schumacher TWEET THIS
06. My motivation is tomorrow, just one day at a time, right?
07. If someone is going down the wrong road, he doesn't need motivation to speed him up. What he needs is education to turn him around.
08. Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.
09. If you must have motivation, think of your paycheck on Friday.
10. Motivation will almost always beat mere talent.
Norman Ralph Augustine TWEET THIS
11. Wanting something is not enough. You must hunger for it. Your motivation must be absolutely compelling in order to overcome the obstacles that will invariably come your way.
12. Motivation is the art of getting people to do what you want them to do because they want to do it.
Dwight D. Eisenhower
13. Sometimes when you fail, it allows you the opportunity to grow more motivation and get more intense about your training.
14. I think it all comes down to motivation. If you really want to do something, you will work hard for it.
15. The motivation is in my heart to work toward my goals and my dreams.
16. I never race for records. The motivation to try to beat the record is not enough to continue. You have to enjoy it.
17. I used to think that losing made you more hungry and determined but after my success at the Olympics and the U.S. Open I realise that winning is the biggest motivation.
18. A champion needs a motivation above and beyond winning.
19. The great fights with your strongest rivals are always the biggest motivation. When you win easily it's not the same taste.
20. If you make it a game, gamers will play it no matter what your motivation is in making it.
21. We talk on principal, but act on motivation.
Walter Savage Landor
22. Myths are stories that express meaning, morality or motivation. Whether they are true or not is irrelevant.
23. Expert teachers know that motivation and emotional impact are what matter.
24. Vanity is great motivation, to be fair.
25. Everyone suffers some injustice in life, and what better motivation than to help others not suffer in the same way.
26. What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.
Ralph Marston TWEET THIS
27. Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.
28. In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.
29. Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.
W. Clement Stone
30. The will to win, the desire to succeed, the urge to reach your full potential... these are the keys that will unlock the door to personal excellence.
31. A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.
32. Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.
33. Don't watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.
34. It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.
35. With the new day comes new strength and new thoughts.
36. If you can dream it, you can do it.
37. You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
C. S. Lewis
38. The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
39. Expect problems and eat them for breakfast.
Alfred A. Montapert
40. Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.
Thomas A. Edison
41. Infuse your life with action. Don't wait for it to happen. Make it happen. Make your own future. Make your own hope. Make your own love. And whatever your beliefs, honor your creator, not by passively waiting for grace to come down from upon high, but by doing what you can to make grace happen... yourself, right now, right down here on Earth.
42. Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.
Norman Vincent Peale
43. You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.
44. We may encounter many defeats but we must not be defeated.
45. Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.
Arthur Ashe TWEET THIS
46. Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.
Robert H. Schuller
47. There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self.
48. Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
49. A goal is a dream with a deadline.
50. What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.
Zig Ziglar TWEET THIS
51. Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
52. Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.
53. Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.
54. Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds.
Gordon B. Hinckley
55. Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.
Harriet Beecher Stowe
56. Perseverance is failing 19 times and succeeding the 20th.
Julie Andrews TWEET THIS
57. The key is to keep company only with people who uplift you, whose presence calls forth your best.
58. Either I will find a way, or I will make one.
59. Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.
60. Even if you fall on your face, you're still moving forward.
61. I've worked too hard and too long to let anything stand in the way of my goals. I will not let my teammates down and I will not let myself down.
62. You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand.
63. Things do not happen. Things are made to happen.
John F. Kennedy TWEET THIS
64. Do something wonderful, people may imitate it.
65. Never, never, never give up.
66. Quality is not an act, it is a habit.
67. I attribute my success to this - I never gave or took any excuse.
68. Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
69. Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
70. The will to succeed is important, but what's more important is the will to prepare.
71. The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large.
72. Either you run the day or the day runs you.
73. Pursue one great decisive aim with force and determination.
Carl von Clausewitz
74. Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.
75. Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.
George S. Patton
76. Well done is better than well said.
77. If you're going through hell, keep going.
78. Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.
79. Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.
William Butler Yeats
80. Set your sights high, the higher the better. Expect the most wonderful things to happen, not in the future but right now. Realize that nothing is too good. Allow absolutely nothing to hamper you or hold you up in any way.
81. You need to overcome the tug of people against you as you reach for high goals.
George S. Patton
82. Press forward. Do not stop, do not linger in your journey, but strive for the mark set before you.
83. Change your life today. Don't gamble on the future, act now, without delay.
Simone de Beauvoir
84. No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.
85. Don't give up. Don't lose hope. Don't sell out.
86. Determine never to be idle. No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any. It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing.
87. Where there is a will, there is a way. If there is a chance in a million that you can do something, anything, to keep what you want from ending, do it. Pry the door open or, if need be, wedge your foot in that door and keep it open.
88. You just can't beat the person who never gives up.
89. When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.
90. Do not wait; the time will never be 'just right.' Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.
91. The more we do, the more we can do.
92. Get action. Seize the moment. Man was never intended to become an oyster.
93. I am not afraid... I was born to do this.
Joan of Arc
94. Opportunity does not knock, it presents itself when you beat down the door.
Kyle Chandler TWEET THIS
95. Follow your dreams, work hard, practice and persevere. Make sure you eat a variety of foods, get plenty of exercise and maintain a healthy lifestyle.
96. There is always room at the top.
97. I know not age, nor weariness nor defeat.
98. One of the best things that you could ever do for your life, is to follow your passion, turn it into a dream, and introduce it to the light of reality.
99. Step by step and the thing is done.
100. The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.
Thomas Paine TWEET THIS
While external praise and comparisons can motivate, true drive emerges from within when we listen to our own voices.
May the insights shared here sparkintrospection on your deepest motivations and how to nurture them with care.
However grand or modest your aims, consistency matters most. With each small step taken in faith, your dreams draw nearer.
Even on days when success seems distant, remember that failure is just life's way of gently urging us toward reinvention and resilience.
Wishing you the courage to keep learning through each endeavor. May inspiration be your constant companion on the journey toward bringing your gifts and talents fully to light.
You might also like: