100 FLOWER QUOTES THAT WILL MAKE YOU BLOOM
1. Flowers always make people better, happier, and more helpful; they are sunshine, food and medicine for the soul.
- Luther Burbank
2. The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.
3. What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable.
- Joseph Addison
4. Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light.
- Theodore Roethke TWEET THIS
5. The earth laughs in flowers.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson TWEET THIS
6. After women, flowers are the most lovely thing God has given the world.
- Christian Dior
7. Flowers are restful to look at. They have neither emotions nor conflicts.
- Sigmund Freud
8. You can cut all the flowers but you cannot keep spring from coming.
- Pablo Neruda
9. Flowers... are a proud assertion that a ray of beauty outvalues all the utilities of the world.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
10. Little things seem nothing, but they give peace, like those meadow flowers which individually seem odorless but all together perfume the air.
- Georges Bernanos
11. I love being by myself, love being outdoors, love taking a long walk with my dogs and looking at the trees, flowers, the sky.
- Audrey Hepburn
12. I am going to try to pay attention to the spring. I am going to look around at all the flowers, and look up at the hectic trees. I am going to close my eyes and listen.
- Anne Lamott
13. Change is a continuous process. You cannot assess it with the static yardstick of a limited time frame. When a seed is sown into the ground, you cannot immediately see the plant. You have to be patient. With time, it grows into a large tree. And then the flowers bloom, and only then can the fruits be plucked.
- Mamata Banerjee
14. Flowers make me irrationally happy.
- Alexa Von Tobel
15. Stretching his hand up to reach the stars, too often man forgets the flowers at his feet.
- Jeremy Bentham
16. A fox is a wolf who sends flowers.
- Ruth Brown
17. Forests, lakes, and rivers, clouds and winds, stars and flowers, stupendous glaciers and crystal snowflakes - every form of animate or inanimate existence, leaves its impress upon the soul of man.
- Orison Swett Marden
18. Flowers grow out of dark moments.
- Corita Kent
19. Flowers are happy things.
- P. G. Wodehouse
20. I'd rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck.
- Emma Goldman
21. People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us.
- Iris Murdoch
22. For myself I hold no preferences among flowers, so long as they are wild, free, spontaneous. Bricks to all greenhouses! Black thumb and cutworm to the potted plant!
- Edward Abbey
23. I will be the gladdest thing
Under the sun!
I will touch a hundred flowers
And not pick one.
- Edna St. Vincent Millay
24. The temple bell stops but I still hear the sound coming out of the flowers.
25. To be overcome by the fragrance of flowers is a delectable form of defeat.
- Beverly Nichols
26. 'Tis my faith that every flower
Enjoys the air it breathes!
- William Wordsworth
27. The violets in the mountains have broken the rocks.
- Tennessee Williams
28. Break open a cherry tree and there are no flowers, but the spring breeze brings forth myriad blossoms.
- Ikkyu Sojun
29. Perfumes are the feelings of flowers, and as the human heart, imagining itself alone and unwatched, feels most deeply in the night-time, so seems it as if the flowers, in musing modesty, await the mantling eventide ere they give themselves up wholly to feeling, and breathe forth their sweetest odours. Flow forth, ye perfumes of my heart, and seek beyond these mountains the dear one of my dreams!
- Heinrich Heine
30. How can one help shivering with delight when one's hot fingers close around the stem of a live flower, cool from the shade and stiff with newborn vigor!
31. Look at us, said the violets blooming at her feet, all last winter we slept in the seeming death but at the right time God awakened us, and here we are to comfort you.
- Edward Payson Rod
32. Flowers seem intended for the solace of ordinary humanity.
- John Ruskin
33. When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other.
- Chinese Proverb
34. Flowers have an expression of countenance as much as men or animals. Some seem to smile; some have a sad expression; some are pensive and diffident; others again are plain, honest and upright, like the broad-faced sunflower and the hollyhock.
- Henry Ward Beecher
35. The first wild-flower of the year is like land after sea.
- Thomas Wentworth Higginson
36. Flowers whisper "Beauty!" to the world, even as they fade, wilt, fall.
- Dr. SunWolf
37. Flowers are those little colorful beacons of the sun from which we get sunshine when dark, somber skies blanket our thoughts.
38. Flowers don't worry about how they're going to bloom. They just open up and turn toward the light and that makes them beautiful.
- Jim Carrey
39. The artist is the confidant of nature, flowers carry on dialogues with him through the graceful bending of their stems and the harmoniously tinted nuances of their blossoms. Every flower has a cordial word which nature directs towards him.
- Auguste Rodin
40. The flower offered of itself
And eloquently spoke
In languages of rainbows
And secret silence...
- Phillip Pulfrey
41. Every flower is a soul blossoming in nature.
- Gerard de Nerval TWEET THIS
42. Bread feeds the body, indeed, but flowers feed also the soul.
- Unknown author TWEET THIS
43. If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn.
- Andrew Mason
44. I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils;
Beside the lake, beneath the trees,
Fluttering and dancing in the breeze
Continuous as the stars that shine
And twinkle on the milky way,
They stretched in never-ending line
Along the margin of a bay:
Ten thousand saw I at a glance,
Tossing their heads in sprightly dance.
- William Wordsworth
45. Against a dark sky all flowers look like fireworks. There is something strange about them, at once vivid and secret, like flowers traced in fire in the phantasmal garden of a witch.
- G.K. Chesterton
46. The flowers of late winter and early spring occupy places in our hearts well out of proportion to their size.
- Gertrude S. Wister
47. ...Silene, who declines
The garish noontide's blazing light;
But when the evening crescent shines,
Gives all her sweetness to the night....
- Charlotte Turner Smith
48. Can we conceive what humanity would be if it did not know the flowers?
- Maurice Maeterlinck
49. A flower's appeal is in its contradictions — so delicate in form yet strong in fragrance, so small in size yet big in beauty, so short in life yet long on effect.
- Terri Guillemets
50. Said the other, little daisy, "I am very well content
To live simply in the meadow where the sun and rain are sent;
Where the bees all gather sweetness, and the dew falls on my head,
And the radiance of the moonlight is all around me shed.
"The grass and clover blossoms admire my beauty all day long,
As I listen to the music of a bird's delightful song..."
- Gertrude Tooley Buckingham
51. The flower that follows the sun does so even in cloudy days.
- Robert Leighton
52. I like to think a flower opens itself to outgrow its plantedness. That it yearns to be carried away.
53. A profusion of pink roses bending ragged in the rain speaks to me of all gentleness and its enduring.
- The Collected Later Poems of William Carlos Williams
54. Flowers have spoken to me more than I can tell in written words. They are the hieroglyphics of angels, loved by all men for the beauty of their character, though few can decipher even fragments of their meaning.
- Lydia M. Child
55. Have you ever seen a flower down
Sometimes angels skip around
And in their blissful state of glee
Bump into a daisy or sweet pea.
- Terri Guillemets
56. Always grow flowers, as that will make your way full of flowers. Never grow thorns, as that will make your way thorny. Never want to target someone on an arrow. You may become the target of that arrow. Never make a well in the way of someone. As you may pass by that way sometime.
- Rahman Baba
57. The sun does not shine for a few trees and flowers, but for the wide world's joy.
- Henry Ward Beecher
58. She cast her fragrance and her radiance over me. I ought never to have run away from her... I ought to have guessed all the affection that lay behind her poor little stratagems. Flowers are so inconsistent! But I was too young to know how to love her...
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
59. I must have flowers, always, and always.
- Claude Monet
60. I know a bank where the wild thyme blows,
Where oxlips and the nodding violet grows,
Quite over-canopied with luscious woodbine,
With sweet musk-roses and with eglantine.
- William Shakespeare
61. A garden to walk in and immensity to dream in--what more could he ask? A few flowers at his feet and above him the stars.
- Victor Hugo
62. Butterflies are not insects,' Captain John Sterling said soberly. 'They are self-propelled flowers.
- Robert A. Heinlein
63. In joy or sadness flowers are our constant friends.
- Okakura Kakuzō TWEET THIS
64. A flower blossoms for its own joy.
- Oscar Wilde
65. Without darkness, nothing comes to birth, As without light, nothing flowers.
- May Sarton
66. Don't let the tall weeds cast a shadow on the beautiful flowers in your garden.
- Steve Maraboli
67. Our highest assurance of the goodness of Providence seems to me to rest in the flowers. All other things, our powers, our desires, our food, are all really necessary for our existence in the first instance. But this rose is an extra. Its smell and its color are an embellishment of life, not a condition of it. It is only goodness which gives extras, and so I say again that we have much to hope from the flowers.
- Arthur Conan Doyle
68. Dear common flower, that grow'st beside the way,
Fringing the dusty road with harmless gold,
First pledge of blithesome May,
Which children pluck, and, full of pride uphold.
- James Russell Lowell
69. Flowers are the music of the ground.
From earth's lips spoken without sound.
- Edwin Curran
70. The flower fades that is not looked upon.
- Edward Counsel
71. Shed no tear! O shed no tear!
The flower will bloom another year.
Weep no more! O weep no more!
Young buds sleep in the root's white core.
- John Keats
72. Many people have never learned to see the beauty of flowers, especially those that grow unnoticed.
- Erika Just
73. Happy is the man who can with vigorous wing
Mount to those luminous serene fields!
The man whose thoughts, like larks,
Take liberated flight toward the morning skies
--Who hovers over life and understands without effort
The language of flowers and voiceless things!
- Charles Baudelaire
74. What this old world needs is more bouquets handed around to folks when they are alive and kicking. Flowers don't do a dead one much good.
- Robert Elliot Gonzales
75. Flowers have spoken to me more than I can tell in written words. They are the hieroglyphics of angels, loved by all men for the beauty of the character, though few can decypher even fragments of their meaning.
- Lydia Maria Child
76. I would far rather have two or three lilies of the valley gathered for me by a person I like, than the most expensive bouquet that could be bought!
- Elizabeth Gaskell
77. We grow like flowers, and bear desire, The odor of the human flowers.
- Richard Henry Stoddard
78. Flowers have an expression of countenance as much as men and animals. Some seem to smile; some have a sad expression; some are pensive and diffident; others again are plain, honest and upright, like the broad-faced sunflower and the hollyhock.
- Henry Ward Beecher
79. One person's weed is another person's wildflower.
- Susan Wittig Albert
80. Gardens and flowers have a way of bringing people together, drawing them from their homes.
- Clare Ansberry
81. Flowers don't tell, they show. That's the way good books should be too.
- Stephanie Skeem
82. Flowers are the Romeos and the Juliets of the nature!
- Mehmet Murat ildan
83. Flowers are love's truest language.
- Park Benjamin
84. Every flower about a house certifies to the refinement of somebody. Every vine climbing and blossoming tells of love and joy.
- Robert G. Ingersoll
85. All the flowers of all the tomorrows are in the seeds of today.
- Indian Proverb
86. True friendship is like a rose: we don't realize its beauty until it fades.
- Evelyn Loeb
87. In joy or sadness, flowers are our constant friends.
- Kozuko Okakura
88. If you pass by the color purple in a field and don't notice it, God gets real pissed off.
- Alice Walker
89. The flowers take the tears of weeping night and give them to the sun for day's delight.
- Joseph S. Cotter, Sr.
90. Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower.
- Hans Christian Andersen
91. Bread feeds the body, indeed, but flowers feed also the soul.
- The Koran
92. I don't know whether nice people tend to grow roses or growing roses makes people nice.
- Roland A Browne
93. Lone and erect, beneath light's primal flood,
A lily! and pure as any one of you.
94. Love is the flower you've got to let grow.
- John Lennon
95. A beautiful flower begins its life in the dirt.
96. None can have a healthy love for flowers unless he loves the wild ones.
- Forbes Watson
97. He who wants a rose must respect the thorn.
- Persian Proverb TWEET THIS
98. Where flowers bloom so does hope.
- Lady Bird Johnson TWEET THIS
99. To pick a flower is so much more satisfying than just observing it, or photographing it ... So in later years, I have grown in my garden as many flowers as possible for children to pick.
- Anne Scott-James
100. What a desolate place would be a world without a flower! It would be a face without a smile, a feast without a welcome. Are not flowers the stars of the earth, and are not our starts the flowers of the heaven.
- A.J. Balfour
101. Every flower must push through the dirt; to see the sunlight.
- J. Salmela
ps. See also positive words to describe flowers.
2 thoughts on “Flower quotes "100 scented quotations about flowers"”
Boom positive is so encouraging, so happy to stumble across these kind of sites. Thanks!!
Nice collection of flower quotes. Thanks.