Before you go on to read Thomas Jefferson quotes, here is a quick and fun little fact for you about the third President of the United States who was also one of the Founding Fathers.
When Jefferson paid a visit to William Shakespeare's home in England 1786 Stratford-upon-Avon with John Adams, they thought it was a good idea to chip off small piece from Shakespeare's chair as a souvenir - and they did.
This was made "according to the custom", if we are to believe words of John Adams. That's that and here is the 25 inspirational quotes for you by Thomas Jefferson.
Presidential quotes by Thomas Jefferson
1. Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today. TWEET THIS
2. In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
3. Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.
4. If you want something you've never had. You must be willing to do something you've never done.
5. I steer my bark with Hope in the head, leaving Fear astern. TWEET THIS
6. Honesty is the first chapter of the book wisdom. TWEET THIS
7. Health, learning and virtue will ensure your happiness; they will give you a quiet conscience, private esteem and public honour.
8. I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend.
9. Do not bite at the bait of pleasure, till you know there is no hook beneath it.
10. I like the dreams of the future better than the history of the past.
11. I find friendship to be like wine, raw when new, ripened with age, the true old man's milk and restorative cordial.
12. I believe that every human mind feels pleasure in doing good to another.
13. I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.
14. He who knows best knows how little he knows. TWEET THIS
15. Freedom, the first-born of science. TWEET THIS
16. Be polite to all, but intimate with few. TWEET THIS
17. Determine never to be idle. No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any. It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing.
18. A coward is much more exposed to quarrels than a man of spirit.
19. A determination never to do what is wrong, prudence, and good-humor, will go far toward securing to you the estimation of the world.
20. Walking is the very best exercise. Habituate yourself to walk very far.
21. When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.
22. The glow of one warm thought is to me worth more than money. TWEET THIS
23. Truth, between candid minds, can never do harm.
24. When angry, count ten, before you speak; if very angry, a hundred. TWEET THIS
25. Whether I retire to bed early or late, I rise with the sun. TWEET THIS