Famous and positive quotes about love
1. If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.
A. A. Milne
2. Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.
Albert Einstein TWEET THIS
3. Love is a better teacher than duty.
4. The art of love is largely the art of persistence.
5. If I had a flower for every time I thought of you… I could walk through my garden forever.
6. ’Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.
Alfred Lord Tennyson
7. Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.
8. Love is when you meet someone who tells you something new about yourself.
9. People should fall in love with their eyes closed.
10. Love is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
11. Tell me who admires you and loves you, and I will tell you who you are.
Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
12. We are all born for love. It is the principle of existence, and its only end.
13. If you would be loved, love, and be loveable.
Benjamin Franklin TWEET THIS
14. When we are in love we seem to ourselves quite different from what we were before.
15. For small creatures such as we the vastness is bearable only through love.
16. I loved her simply because I found her irresistible. . . . I loved her against reason, against promise, against peace, against hope, against happiness, against all discouragement that could be. . . . I love her none the less because I knew it, and it had no more influence in restraining me, than if I had devoutly believed her to be human perfection.
17. All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.
18. Love is to love someone for who they are, who they were, and who they will be.
19. You know you are in love when you see the world in her eyes, and her eyes everywhere in the world.
20. Love me and the world is mine.
21. To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.
22. Love is not only something you feel, it is something you do.
23. You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
24. The love we give away is the only love we keep.
25. It takes courage to love, but pain through love is the purifying fire which those who love generously know. We all know people who are so much afraid of pain that they shut themselves up like clams in a shell and, giving out nothing, receive nothing and therefore shrink until life is a mere living death.
26. The giving of love is an education in itself.
27. Love doesn't make the world go round, love is what makes the ride worthwhile.
28. Love in its essence is spiritual fire.
29. Immature love says: "I love you because I need you." Mature love says: "I need you because I love you.".
30. True love comes quietly, without banners or flashing lights. If you hear bells, get your ears checked.
31. There is only one happiness in life, to love and be loved.
32. Love is the emblem of eternity; it confounds all notion of time; effaces all memory of a beginning, all fear of an end.
Germaine de Staël
33. The way to love anything is to realize that it may be lost.
Gilbert K. Chesterton
34. The best and most beautiful things in this world cannot be seen or even heard, but must be felt with the heart.
35. The only thing we never get enough of is love; and the only thing we never give enough of is love.
36. If I know what love is, it is because of you.
37. The more one judges, the less one loves.
Honore de Balzac
38. A woman knows the face of the man she loves as a sailor knows the open sea.
Honore de Balzac
39. A kiss is a lovely trick, designed by nature, to stop words when speech becomes superfluous.
40. We don’t love qualities, we love persons; sometimes by reason of their defects as well as of their qualities.
41. Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
42. Love is what you’ve been through with somebody.
43. In dreams and in love there are no impossibilities.
Janos Arnay TWEET THIS
44. Age does not protect you from love but love to some extent protects you from age.
45. Paradise is always where love dwells.
Johann Paul Friedrich Richter TWEET THIS
46. We are shaped and fashioned by what we love.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe TWEET THIS
47. Love does not dominate; it cultivates.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
48. True love is the joy of life.
49. Come live with me, and be my love, and we will some new pleasures prove of golden sands, and crystal brooks, with silken lines, and silver hooks.
50. We are most alive when we’re in love.
51. Love is a friendship set to music.
Joseph Campbell TWEET THIS
52. The best proof of love is trust.
53. You know it’s love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you’re not part of their happiness.
54. People are illogical, unreasonable, and self-centered. Love them anyway.
Kent M. Keith
55. Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself. Love possesses not nor would it be possessed; for love is sufficient unto love.
56. Life without love is like a tree without blossoms or fruit.
57. To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.
58. Love is of all passions the strongest, for it attacks simultaneously the head, the heart and the senses.
59. Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life.
60. Don’t brood. Get on with living and loving. You don’t have forever.
61. Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.
62. I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
Martin Luther King Jr.
63. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
Martin Luther King Jr.
64. Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it.
Martin Luther King Jr.
65. Love is not a matter of counting the years . . . But making the years count.
66. Hate leaves ugly scars; love leaves beautiful ones.
67. In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing.
68. The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in.
69. We can do no great things; only small things with great love.
70. Love is a fruit in season at all times, and within reach of every hand.
71. I have found the paradox, that if you love until it hurts, there can be no more hurt, only more love.
72. Don’t look for big things, just do small things with great love.
73. I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I’ve led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I’ve loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.
74. Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead.
75. Who, being loved, is poor?
76. Fortune and love favor the brave.
77. At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet
78. My true love hath my heart, and I have his
79. Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky.
Rainer Maria Rilke
80. He who wants to do good knocks at the gate. He who loves finds the door open.
81. True love stories never have endings.
82. Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired.
83. Love is a fabric which never fades, no matter how often it is washed in the water of adversity and grief.
84. Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.
85. I would rather have eyes that cannot see; ears that cannot hear; lips that cannot speak, than a heart that cannot love.
86. For you see, each day I love you more. Today more than yesterday and less than tomorrow.
87. I love you not because of who you are, but because of who I am when I am with you.
88. Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.
89. You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
90. I have found the one whom my soul loves.
Song of Solomon
91. Better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.
92. Love me when I least deserve it, because that’s when I really need it.
93. Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well.
Vincent Van Gogh
94. Love those who love you.
95. Love is a canvas furnished by Nature and embroidered by imagination.
96. Loving people live in a loving world. Hostile people live in a hostile world. Same world.
97. To love and win is the best thing. To love and lose, the next best.
William Makepeace Thackeray
98. Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind.
William Shakespeare TWEET THIS
99. The best portion of a good man’s life is his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and of love.
Bonus Quote. I just tweeted to say I love you.
Juha Salmela TWEET THIS
ps. See also list of words that can be used to describe love and loved one. ♥