George Washington quotes "presidential quotations"
INSPIRING QUOTES BY GEORGE WASHINGTON
01. Associate yourself with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for 'tis better to be alone than in bad company.
02. I had rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world.
03. The harder the conflict, the greater the triumph. TWEET THIS
04. Decision making, like coffee, needs a cooling process. TWEET THIS
05. I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
06. It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one. TWEET THIS
07. Real men despise battle, but will never run from it. TWEET THIS
08. Truth will ultimately prevail where there is pains to bring it to light.
09. Happiness and moral duty are inseparably connected.
10. Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
11. We should not look back unless it is to derive useful lessons from past errors, and for the purpose of profiting by dearly bought experience.
12. True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity, before it is entitled to the appellation.
13. Let your heart feel for the afflictions and distress of everyone, and let your hand give in proportion to your purse.
14. It is infinitely better to have a few good men than many indifferent ones.
15. Discipline is the soul of an army. It makes small numbers formidable; procures success to the weak, and esteem to all.
16. I hold the maxim no less applicable to public than to private affairs, that honesty is always the best policy.
17. Labor to keep alive in your breast that little spark of celestial fire, called conscience.
18. Much was to be done by prudence, much by conciliation, much by firmness.
19. Ninety-nine percent of failures come from people who make excuses. TWEET THIS
20. The harder the conflict, the greater the triumph. TWEET THIS