Is heavy metal or rock music just noise? If you ask us Finns, you'll get probably a BIG NO as an answer.
In Finland we have this thing called heavy metal - like plenty of other countries have it too. We also have sayings like "hevi puhdistaa" and "hevi parantaa" that could be translated "heavy music/metal purifies" and "heavy heals".
I believe those saying to be true, because it's a well known fact that music can heal you and it can reduce your depression, anxiety and even chronic pain.
Give a metal music a chance and listen at least the song Ghost Love Score by Nightwish... And get ready for an emotional roller coaster and thank me later :)
10 Metal & rock songs by Finnish bands to awaken your emotions
First 5 five songs are sung in English and last 5 in Finnish language.
1. Ghost Love Score by Nightwish
2. The Greatest Show on Earth by Nightwish (Live)
3. Loneliness by Wintersun
4. Land of Snow and Sorrow by Wintersun
5. Heart Like a Grave by Insomnium
6. Elämänlanka by Stam1na
7. Henkselipoika by Korpiklaani
8. Mennyt Mies by J. Karjalainen
9. Ruoste by CMX
10. Isäni Ääni by Marko Hietala
Any thoughts? I certainly would like to hear your thoughts, especially if you haven't ever before listened rock/heavy music :)